Early Career Professional Development Travel Grant
The Wildlife Society Manitoba Chapter will award up to $500 annually in Early Career Professional Development Travel Grants to provide financial assistance to an individual to attend a conference or meeting. This program provides an opportunity for continued professional development to our Chapter Members by assisting those members who otherwise might not have the chance to attend resource related provincial or national meetings, workshops or symposia.
All applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Manitoba Resident
- Current member of The Wildlife Society Manitoba Chapter in good standing
- Early Career Professional is defined as one who has graduated from a post-secondary institution but not yet obtained 5 years of professional level wildlife experience
- Successful candidates must submit a report to the Chapter newsletter or speak to members at a Chapter event (fall mixer, winter getaway, or AGM)
- Have provided proof of acceptance of poster/oral presentation to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line "Early Career Professional Development Travel Grant"
Applicants must submit the following items:
- Completed application
- An abstract of paper or poster (if presenting)
- One page resume or curriculum vitae
Applicants must submit all required information in order to be considered for travel assistance. Only successful applicants will be contacted. Award cheques will be mailed to successful applications within 30 days of the application deadline, or presented at a chapter function. Grants will be awarded based on benefit to the Early Career Professional, benefit to the chapter, and financial need. Priority will be given to those presenting a paper or poster when submitting requests to attend conferences. Successful recipient must submit proof of registration and attendance.
Application and all requested materials should be submitted via email (email@example.com).
DEADLINE: Extended to October 1, 2017
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions