Annual Conference Travel Award
Using proceeds from the 2015 Annual Conference held in Winnipeg, the Manitoba Chapter has established an endowment fund to supply a post-secondary student from any Manitoba institution with funds to attend and present at The Wildlife Society Annual Conference. The purpose is to allow students from Manitoba institutions with an interest in wildlife to present their research, network with other wildlife professionals/students, and encourage long-lasting membership and involvement with The Wildlife Society.
Each year, the available annual income will be used to offer one award of $1,000 to a student who:
(1) is enrolled full-time at a Manitoba post-secondary academic institution at the time of submitting their presentation for the conference;
(2) is a member of The Wildlife Society – Manitoba Chapter Inc. at the time of application;
(3) is conducting research or has proposed to conduct research on wildlife, fisheries, and/or related habitats;
(4) has not received a Chapter student travel award or Annual Conference Travel Award support within the last 12 months;
(5) is presenting original research of an accepted paper or poster at the Conference;
In order to be considered for the scholarship, students will be required to submit: (i) the abstract and proof of acceptance for the material that will be presenting at the Annual Conference, (ii) a filled application form, and (iii) proof of registration/attendance at a Manitoban postsecondary institution.
The recipient will be expected to make a presentation on their research at a Chapter event in the year following receipt of the scholarship.
Note: In order to be eligible for this award, applicants must be presenting an accepted paper or poster at the conference. Abstract submission is now open for the 2019 Annual Conference in Reno, Nevada. The submission period closes on April 5, 2019. Find out more here: afstws2019.org/tws-call-for-abstracts/
An award application and deadline will be posted at a later date, after the abstract submission period closes and successful presenters have been notified.
For more information on the 2019 Annual Conference (a Joint Conference with the American Fisheries Society), being held in Reno, Nevada September 29 – October 3, visit afstws2019.org